Recognition of academic work

Attention: It is NOT possible to transfer credits from your stay abroad if the taken course was only based on group work and not on individual work e.g. written exam, term paper


What is the minimum amount of credits I have to acquire and how much I can aquire at the maximum?

To get the Erasmus+ scholarship you have to acquire at least 15 ECTS credits for each semester abroad.

Bachelor and master students are allowed to acquire as many ECTS credits points as they want during their stay abroad. But you have to prove the contextual equivalent to the range of the course at Kiel University to make recognition possible. Please provide information on course content as well as the duration and extent of the courses attended and academic results obtained. It could also be possible that the partner university limits the choice of courses you can take.