About the courses

How can I find the course program?

Courses are published on the website "UnivIS" via the link http:/univis.uni-kiel.de under the heading "Vorlesungsverzeichnis". If you study Business Administration or Economics you have to click on "Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät". All chairs are listed that offer courses. Here you can get information about when and where the courses take place. Make sure that you have selected the right semester (in the top right corner of the page). 

Additionally, under the header "Formulare und Handbücher" you can find several documents with the needed information including the brochure "study information package for incomings", module guides, as well as a guide for the "UnivIS" system.

How can I get further information about the courses?

Brief information are given within the specially designed module guides for incomings (Formulare und Handbücher). Further information about the course contents are given by the particular chair which organizes the course (http://www.bwl.uni-kiel.de/bwl_inst.shtml) or by the original module guides for B.Sc./M.Sc. students in business administration.

Can I participate in seminars?

Yes, this is basically possible. Because of a limited number of participants it is necessary to apply for a seminar at the end of the preceding semester. Further information about the application process can be found at the website of each chair. It is recommended to discuss the contents and examination procedures with the people in charge of your home university.

How many ECTS Points do I receive for different courses (for language courses)?

ECTS Points are awarded for the workload that a student has to pursue in order to pass the course successfully. The number of ECTS points for different courses vary because the workload of different courses is another.

In Bachelor-/Master- System according to the course 4-10 credits (LP in German) can be reached. Credits correspond at a ratio of 1 to 1 to ECTS points.

Usually you will receive ECTS points for language courses. Some – not all – partner universities accept language courses so that you will receive ECTS points. Double-degree students can conduct one language course.